2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
“Personal information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. “Anonymous data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information; anonymous data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect personal information and anonymous data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us. We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses. When you order products on our Sites, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. When you post messages on the message boards of our Sites, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the products. We may also collect personal information, such as at other points in our Sites that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive personal information and/or anonymous data about you from companies that provide our products by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or our products on our Sites. These third-party companies may supply us with personal information. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Sites in order to improve the products we provide.
3. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Sites and products;
- provide the oroducts you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Sites and products;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address you provided;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products, for other marketing purposes of Company, and regarding relevant partner offers.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our products and improve navigation on our Sites. Company reserves the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to (i) provide you with the products that we offer you through our Sites; (ii) facilitate the merchant transaction; (iii) to conduct quality assurance testing; (iv) to facilitate creation of accounts; (v) to provide technical support; and/or (vi) to provide other products to Company. These third-party service providers are required not to use your personal information other than to provide the products as requested by Company.
Third Party Collection of Personal Information.
- Information Disclosed to Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Sites. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
Changes to personal information. You may change or request deletion of your personal information in our record by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not change or delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
5. SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, here is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
7. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), natural persons who are California residents have certain rights concerning their personal information held by us, as described below.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. You may submit a consumer request to know this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our records.
We indicate below (i) the categories of personal information (as defined in the CCPA) we may collect about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which that information is collected; (iii) the business and/or commercial purposes for collecting that information; and (iv) the categories of third parties to whom that information is disclosed.
Categories of Personal Information
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, telephone number, email address, and street address.
- Commercial information, such as your purchase history.
- Biometric information, such as images, voice recordings, and information about your physical activities that you provide.
- Internet or network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation data, any information used to identify your physical location using technologies such as GPS or Wi-Fi.
- Financial details, such as your debit/credit card numbers, cardholder or accountholder name, and transaction details.
- Communications, recordings, images, any audio, electronic, or visual information.
- Inferences, any derivation of information, data, assumptions, or conclusions drawn from any of the above categories we use to personalize your experience.
Categories of Sources from Which We Collect Personal Information
- When you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means).
- Information that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s), to the extent that you choose to make your profile publicly visible).
- From third parties who provide it to us (e.g., our customers, and our vendors).
- When you use or access our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through the Sites. When you visit our Sites, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to the Sites and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute personal information.
Business and Commercial Purposes for Use of Personal Information
- Marketing/prospecting: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law, and maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate.
- Services operation: operation and management of our Sites, providing content to you, displaying advertising and other information to you, and communicating and interacting with you via the Services
- IT operations: management of our communications systems, operation of IT security, and IT security audits
- Health and safety: health and safety assessments and record keeping, and compliance with related legal obligations
- Financial management: sales, finance, corporate audit, and vendor management
- Research: conducting market or customer satisfaction research, and engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our products and services
- Security: physical security of our premises (including records of visits to our premises and CCTV recordings), and electronic security (including login records and access details, where you access our electronic systems)
- Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law
- Legal compliance: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law
- Legal proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights
- Improving our products and services: identifying issues with existing products and services, planning improvements to existing products and services, and creating new products and services
- Risk management: audit, compliance, controls and other risk management
- Fraud prevention: detecting, preventing and investigating fraud
Categories of Third Parties to Whom Personal Information is Disclosed
- Third party service providers (such as payment services providers, shipping companies, etc.)
- Governmental, legal, regulatory, or other similar authorities and/or local government agencies, upon request or where required
- Anti-fraud services
- Accountants, auditors, financial advisors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to Chase, subject to confidentiality
- Data aggregation services
- Accreditation bodies
- Any relevant third-party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation)
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. You may submit a consumer request to delete this information by contacting us at email@example.com. In order to verify your request, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, and certain other pieces of identifying information. Once you have submitted this information and any necessary supporting documentation, we will confirm the information by reviewing it against our internal records and/or third-party databases.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising the privacy rights granted by the CCPA. We do not and will not sell personal information of any consumer (including personal information of minors under 16 years of age).
In order to exercise the rights described above, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
8. PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Sites are not to be used by individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, we request that you do not use the Sites, register for an account or provide your personal information to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete that information promptly. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. FOR USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
11. TEXT MARKTING NOTIFICATIONS
QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Snack It Forward, LLC
6080 Center Dr., STE 600
Los Angeles, CA 90045-1540
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure or encrypted, and you should not include any confidential or sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.